- Use the Stairs
- Anytime you encounter an elevator or escalator try to find the stairs and use that instead.
- Walk As Often as You Can
- If you need to get somewhere and can get there reasonably safe and timely then consider walking. If you absolutely need a lift to get to places then at least walk for a bit towards your destination before getting picked up.
- Stretch In the Morning
- Staying active doesn’t mean you have to do strenuous physical activities. Something as simple as stretching your body for a good 30 minutes when you wake up will provide you the natural energy to begin your day.
- Workout Videos
- If you have access to the Internet you will find an abundance of workout videos you could follow along to in your living space. Whether it’s yoga or some intense workouts, you can be certain to find a workout video that suits your needs.
- Body Workouts
- Not having Internet access for exercise videos shouldn’t be an excuse for not staying active. Your own body can easily be used to keep active whenever and wherever you are. Create a simple workout consisting of jumping jacks, pushups, squats, or any workout you’d prefer. Body workouts are intense and effective, which means less than 30 minutes is all you need to get your heart rate up and calories down.
- The Great Outdoors
- Load up your phone with your favorite podcasts and go to the nearest park for a light jog. If you are strapped on time then at least go for a brisk walk while doing light work on your phone.
It’s easy to find excuses for not staying active while traveling, but as you can see from this list it doesn’t take much time or resources to do something physically good for your body. Just set goals for yourself to do 30 minutes of daily stretching, cardio, or body workouts. By following your regimen you can enjoy eating all the great good traveling offers without too much guilt.
Do you have any tips to share on how to stay active while traveling?